Introduction to Me

Hi, my names Eamon and thanks for coming to my blog, this blog post is going to be an introduction about me and my experience with college last year. Last year I would have to say Story telling was my favourite class because I've never actually done anything like that before, such as coming up with characters, writing up a script and then filming the short film. I thought it was really fun and interesting to do which is why it was my favourite class. 

One of my biggest accomplishments from last semester was presenting to our whole year group for one of my module projects. This was really great to do and was amazing to hear all the feedback from our fellow classmates and lecturer. After this, it gave me great confidence for the rest of the year.

For this module, I would love to be able to develop some game development skills and then hopefully be able to create an interesting and fun game for my portfolio. I'm really interested in game development, so I can't wait to begin. 

Sadly over the break I didn't do much that was exciting. I hung out with friends, spent time with my girlfriend but didn't get to go on any exciting holidays or do much traveling. I tried to get some small holidays organised but they never worked out. 

Something about me is that I love TV shows and movies. Im always on the look out for a good movie or TV show that I can spend time with and enjoy. My favourite all time TV show has to be between Game of Thrones and Breaking bad. Yes I know that they are both very popular, but they were just to good, I couldn't not put them down. Recently a movie that I really loved was "Platform". It's a Spanish movie that was released on Netflix with an English dub. I thought the movie was the perfect length, had a great story and it kept be interested throughout. I would 100% recommend!

When it comes to music, I'm a big fan of a lot of different types. I enjoy rap, edm, pop and many other genres. A few of the bands and artists I like are The Script, Coldplay, Travis Scott and Calvin Harris. 

When it comes to goals, in the short term, I would love to get my driving sorted, finish my college degree and potentially have enough saved up to go traveling after my degree. For the long term, I would love to have a nice well paying job that I truly enjoy or maybe start my own business. 

Over the summer, my family got a new puppy. Her name is Molly and she is already part of the family. Its hard to believe what life was like without her. As of writing this, she is 6 months. 

                                 (Image Information: personal photo                 (Image Information: personal photo of
                                   of Molly;  photo from July 2020                             Molly; photo from July 2020.)
                                      

(Image Information: personal photo of Molly;
photo from August 2020.)

Don't be fooled by her looks, she will tear you to shredded if you get on her bad side. 

My favourite game as I talked about in my previous post is Rainbow Six Siege. Me and my friends play this every now and then, which has led to endless hours of fun and memories over the years.(Link to post)

When talking about food, I find it very hard to believe you can beat a good Indian takeaway. When Indian food is good, I personally believe it is the best you can get. Chicken tikka masala, butter chicken or chicken korma, give me any of these and ill be very happy. Least favourite food has to be seafood. I personally don't like any form of fish or seafood, I don't know why but I don't think I'll be changing my mind on it anytime soon. 

A few hobbies of mine are playing playstation, going to the gym, playing football, watching movies or TV shows and going on hikes. 

Anyways,  that's a little introduction into my life. Thanks for reading. 

Comments

  1. Hi Eamon, really nice blog good to get to know a little bit about you. I didn’t have a very exciting summer myself but hopefully next one will be a lot better if this Coronavirus goes away, I also am a big fan of Indian food myself and when you get a good one it’s hard to beat. Goodluck with the rest of this semester I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eamon, I'll start of by saying fair played writing this blog! I'm dyslexic but your blog was very interesting so it made it easy for me to read it. I love your dog and your food tastes describes my girlfriend all the way, and your dog is adorable!
    I hope you get to start driving soon and become the director you want to become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eamon! Really enjoyed this blog post. We've actually only every talked a handful of times (if even) but this post definitely gave an insight into your life! I have to start off by saying Molly is the cutest pup ever!! It's mad how a dog can become a part of the family so quickly! I've heard loads about Game of Thrones and Breaking bad but just never got around to watch them, I must add them to my list! Hope you're keeping well! -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Eamon hope you’re doing well don’t worry about not doing much over break everyone needs time to relax and time for themselves also story telling was a good module personally really had a different idea than I usually had due to the work we did hope the directing really works out for you. Also you have a very cute dog. Also good blog layout really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eamon, glad to hear that you gained a bit of self confidence after your presentations and that you seemed to handle feedback and criticism well.
    I also like how you are thinking ahead in life wanting to add to a media portfolio. Bro! how do you just not mention you got a puppy, very cute.
    Since you like indian food, we'll have to head to tadka house once covid goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well lad!!!
    Anyway, seriously, Hey Eamondo great blog post, It's really great to hear that an experience in year 1 of college gave you a boost of self-confidence that will help you for the rest of your life, one moment like that can change your mindset for the better. It's great that you know what you want for your later life and have some ideas what you want to do in the short term. After this COVID crap we'll have to head out for an Indian somewhere, I love Indian food it's the best. Good luck with college hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eamon, Great blog entry!!, i was super interesting to lean more about you, GOT is one on of my favorite too but i can't lie that last season wasn't it lol anyways great to see you had positive experiences last semester also molly is honestly adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Eamon, really cool introduction blog you got here. Really cool to hear how you got on last year and I am so glad that it could help you with your confidence, college is all about new experiences. Really cool that you like GOT I haven't really watched it all but heard great things about it so will have to get back into it I would say. And also love your dog molly literally tiny haha, All the best now and best of luck in the year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eamon! I had a fun time reading your introduction especially looking at the pictures of your doggo she's very lucky! Don't worry, a lot of people love game of thrones and I rewatched it twice that's how good it is, don't like the ending but I'm not complaining. This summer was extremely boring but my parents got a cat as well so that's the only thing I'm thankful for during Covid-19. - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts