Time Strategies

 Time management is a tricky one to talk about, everyone loves to have free time, but to have free time you have to work when you have free time, to be ahead of the work load. I like to stick to a schedule and try to do most of my work on days I have a lot of free time. This is why I have my personal work schedule done the way it is, as I plan to do most of the work on the days I have little work to do. I also agree with the idea of getting ahead of the work. It creates less stress for you and opens you up to having more time to work on other things. The only downside to this is the extra workload you take on originally to get ahead.

The first article I read was "The Important Habit of Just Starting". I chose to read this article out of the list because I could instantly relate to the title. Im a person who always puts off work to do later and I'm trying my best to not do that anymore. I found this article very interesting to read as it was instantly relatable for me. The writer talks about how we put off our work for small gains of happiness, but for that small gain to be outweighed later on when you're hit with the stress off completing it with less time and possibly other work to be done as well. He also talks about the part of your work where you rush to have it done. What I mean by this is that you are pretty much done and you might as well just finish it. I get this a lot and i'm glad I read this piece, as I completely relate to all his points he made and I hope to learn from what he was writing about and then implement it into my lifestyle. 

Start | Start! | jakeandlindsay | Flickr

An image of the wording Start
Source: Flickr

The second article I read was "The Myth of Too Busy". This was an interesting article that I can also relate to. Some of my weeks just feel like I have no personal time at all but after reading this article, I can agree with the writer that maybe I am not as busy as I think, but am just filling my free time with unnecessary stuff. The writer talks about planning your week ahead, writing a schedule putting all the necessary things in first and then filling out the rest with whatever you want to do. This is something I may bring into my life this year to help organise and prioritise my time better. 

Too Busy To Improve - Performance Management - Square Whee… | Flickr

An image illustrating Busy
Source: Flickr



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts