Unity Tutorial 02

I'm just after finishing up on the second group of Unity Tutorials and I feel great that I finished everyone  of them with little to no trouble at all. I started the tutorials finishing the first game, with the car and the boxes. It went perfectly and my game was finished in a working state. I really enjoyed leaning these basics that were thought within this set of tutorials, as I learned how to use controls on my vehicle and also how to manage the speed of the vehicle. I feel these skills will be very useful for me in the near further. 

An image of my finished Unity plane tutorial 
Source: Personal Screenshot

My next set of tutorials was to fix the plane game. This was a bit daunting at first, as I felt I mightn't be able to complete it. I got stuck in and ended up having no problems at all. I used my code from my first game as a reference and then built around this to complete all the tasks. I was then finished and it didn't take too long so I decided to do the bonus task. This was a bit difficult, as I couldn't think of the exact code to do the job. I did some research online, went through a couple of posts about how to rotate a stationary object and then eventually I found a code that would work (The code can be found here Reddit). I added the code to my script and then played with the numbers to eventually find the right rotation speed. After this, I was then finished with my Unity Tutorials. I am glad I did the bonus task, as I feel I could definitely use the code from this, in my game. 

Comments

Popular Posts