Unity Tutorial 05

This week we were focusing on making the camera a lot better and then also adding particle effects to our game. This was not very challenging and the instructions throughout were clear and very easy to follow.

I started this week by doing the first tutorial on fixing the camera. This required me to use a new camera system and when it was in place, the camera followed Ruby throughout the map, making the game look a lot better. I also added some more to the playable map. This was me making the map larger but also adding water to the edges to stop Ruby from leaving the map. I also had to add something to the camera that stopped it from going outside the map. Once this was done, the game looking and played a lot better.


A screenshot of my finished Unity game tutorial 
Source: Personal Screenshot

I then went on and started the particle effect tutorial. This had me add particle effects to the robot in my game. The particle effects I added was a smoke cloud that came out of the robot. I also had to make the smoke cloud stop once the robot was fixed. Once this was done, I was finished this weeks unity tutorial.
 

Comments

Popular Posts